Accommodation is provided with host families in the South Dublin area, normally on a half board basis.
We use Host Families for several reasons:
1. The Trainee has an Irish person available to address possible difficulties. The host family will contact this agency on behalf of trainee if there is a need.
2. Like any city, Dublin has areas where visitors shouldn't go. Host families are located in good areas and they are there to advise trainees in this regard.
3. It is an opportunity to improve language skills in a place where they will be encouraged to use whatever English they have and so build confidence in the language.
4. The cost is defined and controlled for the sender and trainee alike.
5. Trainees integrate more effectively into Irish society with host families and so have a better experience.
Other forms of accommodation are available but our experience tells us that the programme is more effective when trainees stay with a host family.
We closely match trainees and families by questionnaires for suitability.
All host families are encouraged to provide a home-base for trainees and to include them in the family evening meal. This gives trainees unique insights into Irish culture that they would not otherwise experience. We highly recommend that trainees make sure to avail of this opportunity.
If you'd like to welcome a student to your home, and are happy to act as a host family please contact Alaymont